The summer holidays are finally here and many of you are questioning themselves about how to use Klassroom during this long break.
Here are some tips for you to enjoy your summer holiday and relax. :)
1) Should I close or delete my class?
The class closes automatically based on the date you have indicated when the class was created. But in the classroom’s menu, you can choose whether to “close the class” or “delete the class”. Those two options are very different:
- “Close the class” means the class remains accessible to all members, web version and app, but not in an interactive way. It will no longer be possible neither for the parent nor the teacher to publish in the class. However, this will able both parents and teachers to review the classroom’s highlight, at anytime!
- “Delete the class” is a one way option. All the photos, videos, documents, will be completely deleted.
The team’s advice: We advise you to “close the class” and not delete it. It is always nice to keep some memories of what was done and both parents and teachers will be happy about that! ;)
2) How can I prepare my next school year on Klassroom?
You already know which classes you will have for next school year? This is how you can prepare it on Klassroom:
- create your new class on Klassroom in one minute! Every year, you start a new class sheet (no posts, with new parents)
- Download and print the letter to give to parents on the first day of school. If you do not receive it by email, check out your spam box.
The team’s advice: during the first teacher meeting, invite your school director to use Klassboard, a tool that enables to interact with every class and will also enable the director to send messages under the school’s name to every parent (or a selection of classes). To use it, write an email at firstname.lastname@example.org by giving us the name, phone number, email address of the school as well as its director.